We are now accepting applications for a part time, temporary Outreach Specialist position to begin in April 2021 and continue for ~6 months. This position will work with our WiBee project, developing and presenting online materials to promote the program to the targeted audiences, engaging with users, and creating summary reports. Our lab is based in Madison, Wisconsin, but the successful candidate may work remotely from another location due to the pandemic. Outreach experience preferred.
Position: Associate Outreach Specialist (Academic Staff with benefits)
Pay rate: $19.15/hr
Start date/duration: Part time, temporary (~20 hours per week for ~6 months) starting in April 2021
- Effective communicator on the phone, email, video conferencing, and in person
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with community groups (e.g., growers, volunteers, students) to collect ecological data
- Experience with spreadsheets and basic data analysis
- Video editing and document layout experience preferred
- Experience with WordPress
- Coursework in ecology, biology, entomology, conservation, or related fields
- BA/BS degree in entomology, horticulture, ecology, or related field
- Identify, promote, and maintain external partnerships to support the outreach program
- Deliver outreach program content and materials to community members using online platforms
- Develop and distribute outreach program content and materials
- Conducts evaluations of program and provides recommendations for improvement
- Monitor program budget spending
- Write, edit, and design content to promote program to community (e.g., postcards, fliers, radio interviews)
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals. Our lab aims to make science and ecology more inclusive of people of all identities, and we strongly encourage people of color, and people of all genders, sexual orientations, and cultural backgrounds to apply. See our full equity and inclusion statement on our website: http://gratton.entomology.wisc.edu/equity-inclusion-statement/
Applications are due on March 19, 2021 at 11:59PM CT.
To apply, please send a single PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Outreach Specialist Application”. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Gaines Day (firstname.lastname@example.org).This article was posted in Lab News, Outreach, Pollinators, Uncategorized and tagged job, outreach, pollinators, WiBee.